What is CNC Milling?
CNC (Computer Numerical Control) Milling is a subtractive manufacturing machining technology that utilizes a high-performance drive coupled with a precise spindle with use of precision cutting tools to drill, tap, mill, cut, trim, contour and thread mill parts. Like CNC Routing, but capable of more precise and accurate machining along with the ability to machine much harder and diverse materials. There are many variations of machine types in the CNC milling category, small high-speed machines for precise drilling and milling operations to very large machine tools capable of large part sizes and very complex and precise machining. CNC milling machine tools come in various platforms from, benchtop mills, vertical bed and knee mills with multiple axis capabilities from 3, 4, 5+ capable to manage a wide range of component sizes, geometries and quantities all depending and selected for the product and process requirements.
When to use CNC Milling?
This process is ideal for micro to large sized parts with milling steps, low to high part volume, simple to complex geometries with tight tolerances.
Why use Boedeker Plastics, Inc. for plastics or composite CNC Milling?
Our shop utilizes over 50 CNC mills with a wide range of technologies, including horizontal and vertical CNC mills with 3, 4 & 5 axis capability backed by years of experience in plastics & composites only CNC milling. We have the experience, personnel & technology to provide reliable supply of high quality CNC machined plastic & composite parts. We also specialize in providing clients with Just in Time supply (JIT) inventory services to help reduce inventory costs and provide parts as needed without long lead-times.
Our 3 & 4 Axis CNC Milling Equipment
- Cincinnati CFV1300XI Vertical Center
- Cincinnati CFV800XI Vertical Center (4)
- Cincinnati Milacron Arrow 500 Vertical Center (4)
- Cincinnati Milacron VMC-1250 Vertical Center
- Excel CMT-350T20 Vertical Center
- Fanuc Robodrill a-T21iFa Vertical Center (4)
- Fanuc Robodrill a-T21iFa-sa Vertical Center
- HAAS – VF-1YT Vertical Center (2)
- HAAS – VF-8/50 Vertical Center
- Hurco Hawk 30 CNC Bed Mill
- Hurco Hawk 40 CNC Mill
- Kitamura MyCenter HX250if Horizontal Center
- Kitamura MyCenter HX400ia Horizontal Center
- Kitamura Mycenter-1XiF Vertical Center (6)
- Kitamura Mycenter-2XiF Vertical Center (2)
Our Full 5 Axis CNC Milling Equipment
- Fanuc Robodrill a-T21iFa (Robotic Machining Cell)
- HAAS – VF-2SSYT Vertical Machining Center (12)
- HAAS – VF-2YT Vertical Machining Center
- HAAS – VF-3SSYT Vertical Machining Center (2)
Our Positioning 5 Axis Milling Equipment
- DMG DMU50 Deckel Maho (2)