In order to provide our customers with complete solutions for their engineering and production needs, we are pleased to offer in-house precision CNC machine shop services. Our state-of-the-art equipment can be put to work for you to build prototypes or production runs of all types of plastic components.
At Boedeker Plastics, we are committed to providing high quality machined parts, built to your specifications, delivered when and where you need them, at a fair price. It is our desire to build a relationship with your company that will last for many years to come. Whether small quantity prototype parts or large production volume orders, your order will be given the attention and priority you deserve.
Since our founding day, we've always put the needs of our customers first. We are a performance company. We move to meet each customer's requirement as soon as an order is placed. Our machine shop was created to fill a need that we saw in the industry - the need for quality machined parts, provided quickly and at a fair price. We machine only plastics and we specialize in high-performance plastics.
Though it is not our desire to take business from other established machine shops, we intend to serve a market niche by providing the very best plastic machined parts within the timeframe that our customers require. Our quality assurance system guarantees that parts are within tolerance and our on-time delivery rate is unsurpassed in the industry. Give us a try!
Back to the Top of This Page | BPI Home Page
Many of our customers prefer to transmit drawing files electronically to ensure accuracy. Our machine shop uses MasterCAM software for component drawings and CAM machine equipment file generation. MasterCAM accepts many file formats, but here's a list of files our customers commonly provide:
Electronic File Transfer Specifications
- .SLDPRT & .SLDDRW formats (SolidWorks 3D model & 2D drawing)
- .STEP & .STP format (generic 3D model)
- .SAT format (AutoCAD 3D model)
- .PRT.# format (Pro/Engineer 3D part file)
- .DRW format (Pro/Engineer drawing file)
- .ASM format (Pro/Engineer assembly file)
- .DXF format (generic 3D AutoCAD or 2D AutoCAD drawing with views)
- .IGES & .IGS format (generic CAD format)
- .STL format (standard 3D file for rapid prototyping only)
- .ZIP format (compressed files containing any of the above formats)
FTP: (preferred) Files may be uploaded using any web browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla, Netscape, or Opera) to our FTP Center. Go there using this link: http://www.boedeker.com/ftp/ NOTE: .ZIP format (compressed files) are preferred for large or multiple files.
E-MAIL: Files may be supplied via e-mail by attaching them to messages sent to our Internet e-mail address of firstname.lastname@example.org. NOTE: .ZIP format (compressed files) are preferred for large or multiple files.
DISK: Please send only clearly labeled IBM-compatible diskettes (1.44Mb HD 3½ inch format) -OR- IBM-compatible CD-R, CD-RW or DVD disks.
FAX: Our FAX number is 1-361-594-2349. Be sure to transmit in high-resolution mode for maximum detail & contrast.
For all parts orders, please always follow up any electronic transfers by mailing high-quality copies of drawings to ensure accuracy and design revision traceability.
|EXPERIENCE||A product development team with over 100 years experience in high-performance plastic materials selection and application.|
|SPECIALTY||A facility dedicated to machining high-performance plastics only.|
|PRECISION||A team of machinists using the latest in modern equipment and techniques to ensure fast and precise part production.|
|INSPECTION||Coordinate Measuring Machine and computer software packages to perform comprehensive inspection and provide complete reports.|
|FLEXIBILITY||The ability to manufacture parts when no prints exist by taking workable samples and performing complete measurements, then transferring the measurements into our CAD/CAM software to create a new part drawing.|
|HIGH-TECH||A machining facility that can accept CAD files by electronic transfer and convert them to our CAD/CAM system, ensuring accuracy without the hassle of mailing copies or standing in line at the fax machine.|
|CONTROL||Complete traceability of all materials used and a documented quality control policy. Our quality control procedures are available upon request and administered by our full-time Quality Assurance Manager.|
|SERVICE||A machining facility that is committed to meeting all of the requirements and qualifications of our high-technology customers, including special cleaning, marking and packaging to semiconductor industry specifications.|
|EASY ACCESS||Our "open door policy" for your complete quality inspection and vendor audit requirements.|
|SELECTION||Instant access to the largest volume and variety of high-performance plastics under one roof in the world.|
|RESPONSE||Turn-around times that are second to none in the industry for machined plastic parts, from prototype to intermediate volume production quantities.|
|DEDICATION||Complete devotion to providing the highest quality plastics machining services to our customers - without you, there'd be no need for the above!|
- Cincinnati Milacron Arrow 500 Vertical Machining Centers (7) 10 HP, 8000 RPM Spindle, 787 IPM Rapid Programmable Feed Rate: .01 to 472 IPM Positioning Accuracy: ± 0.00016" (4 µm) Repeatability: ± 0.00004" (1 µm) Work Area: X: 20" / Y: 20" / Z: 20" Max Load: 770 Lbs 4th Axis Full Interpolation 21-Tool Automatic Tool Change
- Cincinnati Milacron VMC-1250 Vertical Machining Center 10 HP, 8000 RPM Spindle, 787 IPM Rapid Programmable Feed Rate: .01 to 472 IPM Positioning Accuracy: ± 0.00016" (4 µm) Repeatability: ± 0.00004" (1 µm) Work Area: X: 50" / Y: 30" / Z: 20" 21-Automatic Tool Change A-B 10" Trunion style rotary table A2100 control
- Hurco BMC2416 Vertical Machining Center 10 HP, 8000 RPM Spindle, 945 IPM Rapid Programmable Feed Rate: .01 to 300 IPM Work Area: X: 24" / Y: 16" / Z: 20" Max Load: 760 Lbs Positioning Accuracy: ± 0.0002" (5 µm) Repeatability: ± 0.0001" (2 µm) 24-Station Automatic Tool Changer 4th Axis Capability
- Cincinnati Milacron Falcon 200 Turning Center 15 HP, 40-4000 RPM Spindle 12-Position ID/OD Disc Turret Programmable Tail Stock Quill Maximum Swing: 20.86" OD Maximum Machining Diameter: 9.84" Maximum Machining Length: 14.96" Spindle Bore: 3.03" Bar Capacity: Auto 2.00" / Manual 3.00" Rapid: X: 472 IPM / Z: 708 IPM Repeatability: X: ± .00004" (1 µm) / Z: ± .00008" (2 µm) A2100 control
- Hurco Hawk 40 CNC Mill 5 HP, 80-3800 RPM Spindle Programmable Feed Rate: .01 to 400 IPM Max. Travel: X: 40" / Y: 20" / Z: 20" Max Load: 990 Lbs Positioning Accuracy: ± 0.0005" (13 µm) Repeatability: ± 0.0003" (7 µm) 4th Axis Capability
- Hurco Hawk 30 CNC Bed Mills (2) 5 HP, 80-3800 RPM Spindle Programmable Feed Rate: .01 to 400 IPM Max. Travel: X: 30" / Y: 20" / Z: 20" Positioning Accuracy: ± 0.0005" (13 µm) Repeatability: ± 0.0003" (7 µm) 4th Axis Capability
- Trak DPM Vertical CNC Machines (4) 3 HP, 4,200 RPM Spindle, 150 IPM Rapid Work Area: X: 31.0" / Y: 17.0" / Z: 23.5" 3 Axis Interpolation, 4th Axis Index Max Load: 1,320 Lbs Positioning Accuracy: ± .0005" Repeatability Accuracy: ± .0002"
- Excel Vertical Machining Center Twin-Station Rotating Pallets
- Kitamura Sparkchanger Mycenter 2XiF Vertical Machining Centers (2) Fanuc 16imb Control Twin-Station Rotating Pallets 18000 rpm spindle
- Fagor Model 8025 3-Axis CNC Router Table Size: 96" x 48" (X,Y) Vacuum Table: Dual-Zone X-Axis Travel: 98" Y-Axis Travel: 50" / 62" (1 SP / 2 & 3 SP) Z-Axis Travel: 6" Rapid Traverse: 600 IPM (X & Y) / 300 IPM (Z) Programmable Feedrate: 0 to 300 IPM(X, Y, & Z) Machine Repeatability: ± .002" Spindle Spacing: 12" / 6" ( 2 SP / 3 SP) Spindle HP: 5.0 HP (w 7.5 HP option) Spindle Speed: 3,000 - 18,000 RPM LATHES:
- Citizen-Cincom Swiss Style Turning Centers L20 3/4" bar Capacity (1) L25 1" bar Capacity (1) L32 1-1/4" bar Capacity (1) Simultaneous 6-Axis Control (X1,X2,Y,Z1,Z2,C) Main & Sub-spindle Synchronous Rotation 4 Live Tools @ 200-5000 RPM 5 Turning Tools 3 Front Machining Tools 5 Back Machining Tools
- Hardinge GT27SP Gang Tool Lathe Bar Capacity: 1-5/8" diameter
- South Bend Manual Lathe 16x16, Variable Speed 7½ HP, 20-2500 RPM Short Turning Capacity: 17" Long Turning Capacity: 10-3/8" X 55" Long Thread Capacity: Inch: 2-72 TPI / Metric: 0.2-14mm Bar Capacity: 2" diameter
- Gildemeister CTX 420 Lathe Fanuc 180itb control 2.625" bar Capacity 8" chuck Capacity 12 station turret static or driven tool C axis, Y axis milling
- Trak TRL CNC Lathe Turning Capacity: 18"
- ROMI M-27 Lathe 27" max swing 18" over carrige 12 station turret Fanuc 21-iT control MISCELLANEOUS:
- OMAX JetMachining Center CNC-controlled High Pressure Abrasive Waterjet X-Y Table Travel: 100" x 55" Motion Accuracy & Repeatability: ± .002" Cutter Head Travel Speed: 200 in/min Tilt-A-Jet cutting head eliminates taper Water treatment, chiller, pump, and tank Drill attachment for laminates & composites.
- Cincinnati Centerless Grinders (2) Grinding Wheel Capacity: 20" x 8" x 12" Regulating Wheel Capacity: 12" x 8" x 5" Grinding Capacity: 0" to 3.25" Regulating Wheel Speeds: 12-300 RPM Grinding Wheel Motor: 15 HP Regulating Wheel Motor: 1½ HP 6" feed-thru work rest, wheelmounts Coolant pump, tank, and paper-bed filtration
- Grieve AG 650 Universal Heat Treat Oven (2) Capacity: 36" Width x 48" Depth x 36" Height Maximum Temperature: 650 °F Blower: ½ HP, 900 CFM Auto Restart Circuit with Audible Alarm Programmable Recording Temp Controller 24 Hr, 10" Circular Chart Available w/ each run 100 Lbs Capacity per Shelf
- MasterCAM CAD/CAM System (Version 9.1 sp2) Software for 3-axis machining Multi-Axis Milling / Turning 3D Design / Surface Modeling & Shading / Solid Modeling
- Partmaker Swiss CAD/CAM
- Vision Engineering 5E Inspection System (2) High Power Microscope & Measurement Software 25X to 1000X Magnification with Heads-Up Dynascope display Motorized, Programmable Stage QC-4000 Software with bi-directional CAD interface Automated part inspection programming Group tolerancing, form indication, multi-point features Semi-automated SPC and Inspection Report generation
- Mitutoyo BH 305 Manual Floating Type CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine) Work Area: X: 12" / Y: 20" / Z: 12" Resolution: 0.00002" (Precision Glass Scales) Length Standard: Reflection Type Linear Encoder Accuracy (at 20 °C) JIS B 7440 U1=(2.6+4L/1000) µm, U3=(3+4L/1000) µm VDI/VDE 2617 U1=(2.6+4L/1000) µm, U3=(3+4L/1000) µm CMMA G=(2.6+4L/1000) µm, M=(3+4L/1000) µm ANSI/ASME B89.1.12M Ball Bar Performance=.000315"(8 µm) Guide Method: Air bearing for each axis Z-spindle Balance: Counterweight (adjustable range: 1.5kg.) Measuring Table: Material: Granite Working Area: 19.69" X 35.43" Flatness: 6 µm Workpiece Clamp: Tapped inserts (M8 X 1.25) Workpiece Loading: Maximum height: 17.32" Maximum mass: 330 Lbs
- Mitutoyo Interactive CMM Software Geopak 2000 Graphics Assisted Full Compliment Of Tolerance Capabilities: 1.) Basic Tolerances 3.) Form Tolerances 2.) Positional Tolerances 4.) Relational Tolerances Statistical Process Control (SPC) CAD Data Communication
- Mitutoyo Surftest 211 Gaussian Digital Filter SPC Compatible LCD Display Traversing Length: Start-up length + Evaluation length Traversing Speed: When Measuring .02"/second Profiles Available: P Profile: Unfiltered R Profile: Roughness Parameters Available: P Profile: Ry(JIS/ISO) & Rz(JIS/ISO) R Profile: Ra, Ry(DIN) & Rz(DIN) Filters: Analog: 2CR / Digital: PC-50%, PC-75% Detecting Method: Differential inductance